An active member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Diamond Bar. Involved in the teaching ministries for the RCIA, Sunday Bible Study & Adult Confirmation Classes. Also serving as a Eucharistic Minister to the Homebound.
Graduated with a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and a Masters degree in Public Administration from Peerdine University in 1976 and 1979 respectively! Operates an Adult Residential Facility for the developmentally challenged adults in Upland, CA as a small business entrepreneur, and serves the LA, Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange County areas as a real estate broker associate under the Remax Masters professional brand in Covina, CA.
Religious credentials are as follows: 2016 – Completed Certification program of the Catholic Bible Institute through Loyola Institute for Spirituality in Orange, CA; 2013 – California Catechist Certificate from LA Archdiocese; 2012 – Certified Presenter for the Journey Through Scriptures series by the St. Paul Center for Biblical Technology of Steubenville.
Outreach Programs: 1989 to 1995 – SCRC (Southern California Renewal Communities) Speaker Core for San Gabriel Valley; 1989 to Present – Catholic Life in The Spirit Seminar speaker; Since 2010 – Volunteer for the Remote Area Medical (RAM) Mission and California Care Force Medical Mission of Coachella Valley organizations providing medical, dental and vision assistance to thousands of underprivileged people in remote areas of California.
PowerPoint Presentation for Evangelization Workshops & Seminars
Skill Level: Below Basic/Beginner
Audience: Parish Administration, Catechists, Teachers Grades 9-12
The purpose of this workshop is to provide basic instruction on Power Point so that attendees will leave with a newfound confidence in being able to convert concepts into a clear & effective PowerPoint presentation. An overview of the workshop:
- Assess background and needs of attendees as well as to identify a goal they want to fulfill with the class by filling out an index card.
- Present different samples of PowerPoint presentations while describing common terminologies used and identifying different tools and resources available, eg selecting templates & colors, inserting pictures or images, embedding sounds and videos.
- Allow attendees to browse the Internet to find links, images, and apps that can be utilized to enhance the presentation.
- Hands on in-class project creating a simple PowerPoint presentation of 5-6 pages on their own laptop.
- Selecting the top 3 creations to be presented by participants.
- Survey the effectiveness of lesson and collect feedbacks for improvement.